Alliance Française Bangkok is recruiting a lead technician (full time).
Type: local contract
Place: Bangkok, Witthayu Road
Your primary mission is to be in charge of the technical works required by cultural activities and the supervision of the global maintenance of the building.
Alliance Française Bangkok is the first Franco-Thai Cultural Center in Thailand and is a non-profit organization that offers French and Thai courses, artistic classes and a rich and diverse public program of art exhibitions, screenings, conferences and art performances (theatre, music and dance) that are affordable and accessible to all. Our venue offers a beautiful auditorium of 219 seats, two exhibition rooms, a large reception hall, a dance studio, and many conference rooms and classrooms. The Lead Technician at Alliance Française Bangkok provides critical assistance to the Manager of the Cultural and Rental department and to the Administrative Manager in facilitating successful technical support of these events, a positive interaction with Alliance Française’s clients and production partners. The Lead Technician is also in charge of the global and day-to-day maintenance of the building and he/she knows when the service of a maintenance company is required.
Within his/her scope of work and with constant pro-activity he/she will be in charge of the following missions which could be redefined based on the needs of the structure.
Under the direction of the Administrative Manager:
- Ensuring general maintenance (house management, electricity, painting…).
- Lending support to other Alliance Francaise staff as needed.
Under the direction of the Cultural Manager:
- Video Projection and Screenings: DCP equipment and other formats included.
- Serving as sound and/or lighting technician at event as assigned (sound board, light board, spotlights, house managing).
- Setting of exhibitions, conferences, concerts. Working along with the artists and clients to provide the best quality results.
- Consulting with rental clients to discern their technical requirements.
- Overseeing the safe storage of equipment.
- Enforcing established theater policies (safety, cleanliness, general rules, etc.).
- Serving as an Alliance Française representative to events presenters during their time in the venue.
- Managing and training newer technical staff.
- Thai nationality.
- Good commend of the English language is required.
- Good technical skills and knowledge in using numerical technologies.
- Sound engineering knowledge required and lighting engineering knowledge preferable (training will be provided if necessary).
- Knowledge of theatrical maintenance and repair as well as experience in the operations, services and activities of a live performance venue is a plus.
Main qualities to succeed:
- Reliable, responsible, flexible, adaptable.
- Fast learner and willing to learn new skills.
- Problem-solving mindset and team-oriented spirit.
- Must be able to work evenings & weekends, holidays & odd hours.
To apply for this job:
Please send your resume (CV) with a cover letter by email to Nittaya Chulajaturasirarat: email@example.com
Direct line: +66 (0)2 670 4203